The pan-European non-governmental organisation THE CIVICS Innovation Hub (Bonn, Sofia, Zagreb), supports both citizens and civic educators to deal with major challenges of our time, such as threats to democracy, causes and effects of climate change and social divides. Democracy skills, self-efficacy and resilience are to be strengthened bottom-up through various projects.
THE CIVICS Hub Bonn is looking for an intern (10 hrs/week) from 1 October until 31 December 2023.
Are you interested in international project management? Do you enjoy management and administration tasks, and getting to know European stakeholders in the field of democratic and civic education? Then apply to us at THE CIVICS Hub in Bonn and work with us on our programmes and, above all, support us leadingly in the further development of the NECE Initiative into a European multi-stakeholder network and the Civic Innovation Fund.
Your field of activities:
During the internship, you will support us in all areas of project management. You will mainly be involved in developing the Civic Innovation Fund (CIF) and NECE (Networking European Citizenship Education), but you will also gain insights into other projects or general areas of THE CIVICS. Working languages are English and German. Your tasks will include:
• Research activities
• Participant management and support
• Communication with CIF applicants
• Monitoring and assessment of funding applications
• Support of press and editorial work within the framework of projects
• Support in social media activities and campaigns
• Support in controlling and preparation of reports on the use of funds, preparation of reporting
appointments with our international sponsors
• Experience in project management as well as in the supervision of publicly funded projects
• Knowledge of modern project management tools and online platforms
• Very good knowledge of written and spoken English and German (C1 min.); good knowledge of another
European language (French, Spanish) desirable
• Experience with content management systems (WordPress)
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel)
• Ability to work in a team, independently, flexibly and under pressure with organisational skills and diligence
• Interest in civic education and democracy related work in Europe
• Diverse tasks and insights into various processes of the NGO, including other hub locations
• Contacts to leading educational and cultural institutions in Europe
• The opportunity to help shape current socio-politically relevant issues and debates
• A young, motivated team with flat hierarchies and open ears for new ideas
• The possibility to work in our office in Bonn and from home by arrangement
We look forward to receiving your application documents in English via e-mail at email@example.com (in a single pdf
file, max. 5MB). The employment is on a mini-job basis. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.